[squid-users] any way to get squid-4 compiled on CentOS-6?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Feb 23 18:50:27 UTC 2016

On 23/02/2016 1:05 p.m., Dan Charlesworth wrote:
> I'm bumping this question back up, because I also would like to know.
>
> We'd rather not need users of our squid-based software to need to deploy
> new CentOS 7 servers to run it.

My reply to Jason on the 12th has not changed. A full system upgrade
should not be required, just a parallel compiler installation, or VM for
testing with if you do want to go the whole way.

While there are a lot of TLS/SSL related patches going into Squid-4, the
one that stick there should largely be cosmetic code shuffling or
renaming for later improvements. We are trying to get the bug fixes
backported to 3.5 still. If you are aware of one that got missed and is
causing pain please let us/Christos know.