[squid-users] Sending json error messages

Sreenath BH bhsreenath at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 17:53:53 UTC 2016

Hi All,

We want to send error message in json format when external acl deny's a request.
Even if we send a json formatted message (using message= key value
pair) in external helper, the final output is still html.

We have a custom error file in share/error/templates directory, and we
use %o to pickup the message token.

Is there any way to not send any html tags at all and simply send
whatever was output by the external helper?

I am trying to understand the contents of the files in template folder
but is going above my head.

thanks for any help,
Sreenath