[squid-users] Crash: every 1-2 hour: kernel: Out of memory: Kill process (squid)

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Thu Dec 15 13:13:17 UTC 2016

+1 for what Amos suggesting.
It's too weird to be caused by a special and unknown issue.
Can you minimize the test to intercept only 1 SINGLE client?
Also about the Russian tutorials, these are for building and running squid which might work.
But for the interception part on the cisco you didn't referred to any tutorial.
I can only refer a tutorial which I wrote for a cisco router:
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/UbuntuTproxy4Wccp2
Also squid cannot identify in any way if there is a routing or switching loop.

To illustrate:
Squid has mac address 99:99:99:99:99:91 and the switch has 99:99:99:99:99:92,
Squid will always see packets flowing from one of the switch mac address for both legit and non legit(loops).
So you first need to verify the setup with one single client and use tcdump on the squid machine to identify by the src port if the connection is looped or not.

Eliezer

----
Eliezer Croitoru
Linux System Administrator