[squid-users] How to log ACL to custom log

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Aug 25 16:12:23 UTC 2016

On 26/08/2016 3:27 a.m., Michael Pelletier wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to log ACLs Pass \ Blocks in the access.log. I am using
> Logstash for a monitoring system and being able to pass this information
> allows me to do some nice graphing.
>
> Does any know how this can be done?

Besides what Alex has already said. Consider this: The decision of which
access.log to write to is ACL driven. Deciding it alters the ACLs which
have been checked and passed/failed.

Also;
 access.log logs *network transactions*.

 cache.log logs *squid activity*.

ACL logic processing is a Squid activity, not a network transaction.
Thus logged in cache.log - with the appropriate debug section and
verbosity level you can find ACL processing decisions in that log.