[squid-users] Yet another store_id question HIT MISS

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Aug 19 01:37:13 UTC 2016

On 19/08/2016 2:15 a.m., Omid Kosari wrote:
> I was correct .
>
> If one of following conditions happens then the mentioned urls will not
> cache .
>
> 1-in squid.conf have this line
> acl storeiddomainregex dstdom_regex
> ^igcdn(\-photos|\-videos)[a-z0-9\-]{0,9}\.akamaihd\.net$

How you use that ACL in your access rule logics is just as important as
what it contains / matches.

> 2-in storeid_db have this line
> ^http:\/\/igcdn-.*\.akamaihd\.net/hphotos-ak-.*/(t5.*?)(?:\?|$)
> http://instagramcdn.squid.internal/$1

The pattern is malformed. Several parts of it are impossible to match,
and just make it look complicated when its not.

It is better written as:

^http:\/\/igcdn-[a-z0-9\-\.]+\.akamaihd\.net/hphotos-ak-[a-z0-9]+/(t5.*)
  http://instagramcdn.squid.internal/$2

> Now the problem is with my mentioned squid.conf and store_id rules , the
> mentioned urls will not cache at all.Even if same url reopens many times .

Store-ID does not force caching. All it does is provide Squid with a
different ID under which the item would be stored *IF* (and only if) it
would be stored normally.

I suggest removing the "ignore-no-store ignore-private" from your
.squid.internal refresh_pattern. They trigger actions that break the
image objects you actually want to store at that Store-ID location.