[squid-users] How can I complete this tutorial?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Aug 12 14:39:36 UTC 2016

On 13/08/2016 2:25 a.m., james82 wrote:
> SORRY. I want to start squid service success. but it show a failed problem.

The image you posted earlier is missing at least half of the error
message line. Specifically it is missing the part where it tells you
what config line contains the problem.
 SO we cannot see what the problems is (only that one exists). Guessing
how to solve an unknown problem would get nowhere.

If you are using a fresh install on Kali Linux. Then do this:

1) Go to this URL <http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Squid-3.5>

2) find /etc/squid/squid.conf

3) erase the contents of your /etc/squid/squid.conf

4) copy-n-paste the default config file from that wiki page into the now
empty squid.conf file.

** the default config is all lines in the yellow box at the end of the
page under the title "Squid-3.5 default config". From http_port down to
the last refresh_pattern line.

5) restart/start Squid

You should now be able to use the proxy. The config file will also be
empty enough to hopefully not confuse you when you do changes to make
Squid do something which you still haven't clearly told us.

HTH