[squid-users] How can I complete this tutorial?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Sat Aug 13 14:46:50 UTC 2016

On Saturday 13 August 2016 at 16:41:14, james82 wrote:

> like port 80, 443? how to add this to http_port? i try configure my ip
> address and port 3128 in browser, but  seem like not work? say
> "connecting..." but seem like never connect. how to fix this?

Firstly tell us what IP address you have changed 12.34.56.78 in your
squid.conf file to.

If you have not changed 12.34.56.78 and that address is still in your
squid.conf, then go back and read my earlier emails to you from today, and
understand that I have told you this MUST be changed for squid to work
properly.

Secondly, tell us what proxy IP address you told your browser to connect to
(we know you've configured it to connect to port 3128, but on what IP
address?).

Thirdly tell us what URL you tried to access in your browser, and show us what
appears in /var/log/squid3/access.log when you tried to do this.

Antony.

--
"I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting.  But it does
mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously."

 - Douglas Adams

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.