[squid-users] How can I complete this tutorial?

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Thu Aug 11 18:23:48 UTC 2016

On Thursday 11 August 2016 at 19:15:08, james82 wrote:

> I want to do this tutorial :
> https://www.linode.com/docs/networking/squid/squid-http-proxy-ubuntu-12-04,
> but these are something I don't understand so much, please help me.

If you find this tutorial difficult to follow, I would suggest your best option
is to try a different one, which may have been written more clearly for
beginners to understand.

> Here is my squid.conf file: https://ghostbin/paste/kw7pp.

That URL does not work for me.

In any case, if you have questions for the list, it would be *far* better if
you were to put your squid.conf file, without comments or blank lines (I assume
you do know how to use grep to remove these, if you are trying to set up
something like Squid), into the body of your emails, so that we can reply to
specific parts of your setup, and the results can easily be seen in the list
archives for anyone in future who has the same problems as you do.

My best guidance for you at the moment, though, is to look for the following
line in your squid.conf file:

# INSERT YOUR OWN RULE(S) HERE TO ALLOW ACCESS FROM YOUR CLIENTS

and insert the lines your tutorial tells you add immediately after that.

Once you have done that, if you continue to encounter problems, please post
your resulting squid.conf file (without comments or blank lines) here and tell
us exactly what the problem was.  We may then be able to help further.

Regards,

Antony.

--
This space intentionally has nothing but text explaining why this space has
nothing but text explaining that this space would otherwise have been left

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.