[squid-users] How can I complete this tutorial?

Marko Cupać marko.cupac at mimar.rs
Thu Aug 11 18:09:00 UTC 2016

On Thu, 11 Aug 2016 10:15:08 -0700 (PDT)
james82 <fastestsuperman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I want to do this tutorial :
> https://www.linode.com/docs/networking/squid/squid-http-proxy-ubuntu-12-04,
> but these are something I don't understand so much, please help me.

Do you want to do the tutorial, or do you want to set up squid? You
won't be able to do neither until you get familiar with http_access
directive. With all the directives in your squid.conf, actually.
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/

And while I'm in poetic mood:

The Pledge of the Network Admin
-------------------------------

This is my network.

It is mine
or technically my employer's,
it is my responsibility
and I care for it with all my heart

there are many other networks a lot like mine,

but none are just like it.

I solemnly swear

that I will not mindlessly paste from HOWTOs.
After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupać
https://www.mimar.rs/