[squid-users] 3.5.9 for Debian

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Sep 25 22:09:26 UTC 2015

On 26/09/2015 2:26 a.m., Dan Purgert wrote:
> Quoting TarotApprentice:
>
>> Is there a chance we can get 3.5.9 into Debian please.
>>

> Think this is more a question for the Debian maintainers, than the squid
> ones.  I ended up building 3.5.8 from source because of it.
>
> TBH though, the built-from-source 3.5.8 seems to be a lot lighter
> running than the packaged version.  Am a bit surprised, as I only took
> out like 2 or 3 un-used auth helpers.

The big difference is more likely to be the CPU-specific optimizations.
Generic distros are not able to build binaries with them because of the
range of downloaders, but your custom build could.

On the matter of Debian packaging 3.5.9, it happens when it happens. The
big issues in the last few releases have been SSL-Bump bugs so not
relevant or big priority for Debian.