[squid-users] cache file format

Xen xen at dds.nl
Fri Sep 4 11:06:58 UTC 2015

I was assuming the files saved to the cache dir would just be plain
files as they were fetched. Am I mistaken? It seems weird that when I
run a 'file' on them, most of them are reported as "data" without
discrimination.

I remember from Squid 3.5 on Windows that I could take a file and open
it in an image viewer and high chance it would be a jpg or png. I am
currently running 3.5.7 on Linux (self compiled).

Does Squid store extra data in the files in the header?.

Regards,

X.