[squid-users] refresh_pattern and same objects

Yuri Voinov yvoinov at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 19:34:28 UTC 2015

This is only example. It is obvious we need investigate every case
separately and write/correct rules if it is needed.

Big mistake to assume that there is a magic set of rules that is
suitable for all occasions. Which allows to achieve a high hit ratio.
Obviously, it does not exist. Traffic is different in each of us. I just
want to say that we should not dogmatically assumed 30% good caching. As
I said, this gain is not worth the presence of excess server
infrastructure. Not counting the cost of its administration. But it is
worth some effort to improve the efficiency of caching. Otherwise it
makes no sense to use a caching proxy. There are a lot of decisions
without caching.