[squid-users] Squid 3.5.10 available in Debian Stretch and Debian Sid

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Oct 29 20:30:18 UTC 2015

PS. replying to me directly does not help the list members asking. ;-)

On 30/10/2015 8:58 a.m., TarotApprentice wrote:
> Depending on if you're running Debian Stretch (the current testing version) you'd do an "apt-get install squid" or if you're on an older Debian I believe you can do an "apt-get -t testing install squid" although I haven't tried the second method myself.

I would not recommend the backporting. There are GCC-5 toolchain changes
that are quite huge in Testing. We also added a squid3/squid package
name transition in Squid itself.

So the things that a backport like that will pull as dependencies may
blow up into a change almost as big as a full system upgrade to Testing.

3.5 will apparently build okay on Jesse though if you follow the compile
instructions in the Squid wiki page. So the self-compile is probably better.