[squid-users] How can I change the Squid logo on an access denied page.

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Oct 22 08:58:41 UTC 2015

On 22/10/2015 7:52 a.m., Sebastien.Boulianne wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I would like to change the Squid'slogo that appear on an ccess denied page...
> I replace the picture /usr/share/squid/icons/SN.png but it didnt work.
>
> What did I miss ?

The other config files that sit next to squid.conf.

One of them is called errorpages.css. It contains all the CSS display
and layout settings for the error pages. Including where the logo image
is loaded from (the squid-cache.org website, an inline data: thing like
Rafaels tutorial mentions, or a local Squid hosted file).

The other is called mime.conf. This one contains a mapping of the
well-known URL path prefixes to specific icon images Squid loads into
cache. You can load any image you like into the Squid logo URI path
instead of the SN.png one.