[squid-users] Replacing Microsoft TMG by Squid.

Sebastien.Boulianne at cpu.ca Sebastien.Boulianne at cpu.ca
Fri Oct 16 17:51:50 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Like you know, Microsoft discountinued the TMG.
The TMG was used as a reverse proxy.
Since many days, I work to replace our TMG by a Squid server v3.5.10 with Oracle Linux 7 x64.
I moved some sites this week but I have a little problem now.
How can I ask LDAP credentials for a user who want to access a directory on another server ?

I currently do that with our TMG.

I used Google but I can only find doc about LDAP auth for users they want to access the internet.

[root at squid squid]# cd /usr/lib64/squid/
[root at squid squid]# ls
basic_db_auth                 basic_pam_auth     cert_valid.pl           ext_session_acl       negotiate_kerberos_auth       url_fake_rewrite
basic_getpwnam_auth           basic_pop3_auth    digest_edirectory_auth  ext_time_quota_acl    negotiate_kerberos_auth_test  url_fake_rewrite.sh
basic_ldap_auth               basic_radius_auth  digest_file_auth        ext_unix_group_acl    ntlm_fake_auth
basic_msnt_auth               basic_sasl_auth    digest_ldap_auth        ext_wbinfo_group_acl  ntlm_smb_lm_auth
basic_msnt_multi_domain_auth  basic_smb_auth     diskd                   helper-mux.pl         ssl_crtd
basic_ncsa_auth               basic_smb_auth.sh  ext_file_userip_acl     log_db_daemon         storeid_file_rewrite
basic_nis_auth                cachemgr.cgi       ext_ldap_group_acl      log_file_daemon       unlinkd

Thanks.

Sebastien