[squid-users] got http2?

Linda A. Walsh squid-user at tlinx.org
Mon Oct 12 16:52:27 UTC 2015

Xen wrote:
> Thanks for mentioning it here, I didn't even know about it, like you.
> And of course you study it really well before commenting.
---
Enough to verify what I am saying, usually, but I have expert
knowledge in almost no field that I know of.  I do have
fundamentals that help me build understanding of new things,
but now days, teaching fundamentals is passe, because
employers look for those who can just code and ask
few questions ;-/

>, mostly unlike
> me :p.
---

> I have this feeling that I like SPDY better than HTTP2? Anyone agree?
---
	You might want to read just 2 pages:
http://http2.github.io/ (very short, but good for the links)
  and
http://http2.github.io/faq/

On the 2nd you would see:
  After a call for proposals and a selection process, SPDY/2 was chosen as the
  basis for HTTP/2. ...  In February 2015, Google announced its plans to remove
  support for SPDY in favor of HTTP/2.

> HTTP2 only defines the transit/connection, right? The compression,
> multiplexing. It seems a bit incredulous to call it a new HTTP version.
---
  On second page mentioned above:

   What are the key differences to HTTP/1.x?
   At a high level, HTTP/2:

     o  is binary, instead of textual
     o  is fully multiplexed, instead of ordered and blocking
     o  can therefore use one connection for parallelism
     o  uses header compression to reduce overhead
     o  allows servers to “push” responses proactively into client caches

---

My biggest annoyance is the SSL/TLS everywhere... because I want to see
what is coming from where and possibly be able to block it -- which is
*EXACTLY* why web-content owners/presenters are wanting it -- to remove
avenues of control and introspection into their processes.