[squid-users] Site not Working through SQUID

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Oct 7 08:44:37 UTC 2015

On 7/10/2015 7:32 a.m., Cristiano Nunes wrote:
> Hi Antony.
>
> The URL is www..yasudamaritima.com.br, but according to the user, you have
> to navigate and authenticate to the portion of the site which is supposed
> to show the window, but the window is blank.
>
> The squid.log captured during the user session is below:

Apart from the favicon, which is inconsequential those transactions all
are successful (2x and 3xx status) and appear to have completed
properly. Some of the CONNECT's are staying active for several minutes
though, so the ones listed are unlikely to be related to the request at
the top, and if there were any they could close much later than the log
shows.

> And here is my squid.conf.

Looks very much okay.

Which leaves us with the troublesome issues like path-MTU discovery
problems. If there is a CONNECT happening but some payload data packets
not getting through you could end up with missing page parts.

Or maybe, server application not coping with proxied traffic. I've seen
some that simply crash the backend server script engine if you pass it a
X-Forwarded-For header with non-IPv4 contents.

Or maybe, the window was supposed to contain something over a non-HTTP
protocol that is broken.