[squid-users] Store-ID documentation could be a little clearer.

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Mon Nov 23 01:18:14 UTC 2015

On 23/11/2015 9:17 a.m., 1508 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get Store-ID working after Amos suggested it was the correct
> way to do something.
>
> I have been struggling to work out how to use the database mentioned on the
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/StoreID#Available_Helpers
> <http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/StoreID#Available_Helpers>
>

> I'm using Fedora23.
>
> I can't see anything in the /usr/share/doc/squid/squid.conf.documented as a
> clue to enable the helper.
>
> I eventually found the store_id_rewrite file at
> /usr/lib64/squid/store_id_rewrite
>
> I guessed I had to put a database file somewhere so I chose
> /etc/squid/squid/store_id_rewrite.conf
>
> I did more research and eventually found on a different web site I need to
> add this to squid.conf

Something is very wrong. "store_id_rewrite" does not exist as either a
binary or directive name ins Squid.

The helper name is storeid_file_rewrite. We cannot be any more specific
than that because ever single OS places the binaries in different
locations. It is up to you as sysadmin to know where your OS places
binaries, and whether there is diffeence between 32-bit or 64-bit or
other locations.

> Please could I suggest that  something to the effect of  be added to the
> Store_id_rewrite file? And a note the gap in the database is a TAB?

That is all documented in the database wiki page, which is linked in
multiple places from teh StoreID wiki page you were using.
<http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/StoreID/DB>

It should accept whitespace, not TAB specifically. As documented in "The
Pattern Syntax"