[squid-users] Dansguardian Squid and HTTPS

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Thu Nov 12 10:27:13 UTC 2015

On 12/11/2015 9:54 p.m., FredB wrote:

> This is not the right place to speak about DansGuardian
>
>> OK, but in squid log i saw only the IP of listen
>> dansguardian
>
> Take a look at forwarder = on (dg) and forwarder_for on (squid)

No, follow_x_forwarded_for in Squid. It needs to allow for trusting the
DG sending IP address.

>> First, there is a way to dansguardian pass username to
>> squid ? Second, in sites https
>
> If I understand right Squid does the authentication, with AD, so there is something wrong with your log format

The statement made was not clear. No info on what is really happening.

Since DG is getting the username and AD is involved, and that usually
means an archaic installation - then it is probably NTLM.

Is that right Bruno?
 Also which of the proxies is performing the authentication?