[squid-users] logging to syslog

Sebastian Kirschner s.kirschner at afa-finanz.de
Wed Nov 11 12:55:37 UTC 2015

Hi Avraham,

1. Please do not contact me direct, use the Mailing List.

I read the sentences you wrote to me again,
do you really want that squid logs the things that would go in access.log to your /var/log/syslog (default debian path),
or do you just want to see what is written in the access.log.

For Changing the location/ way that squid log the access entries read 2. , if not the default
path of the access log is /usr/local/squid/var/logs/access.log.

2. As you could see what Yuri Voinov wrote
> #
>#    udp    To send each log line as text data to a UDP receiver.
>#        Place: The destination host name or IP and port.
>#        Place Format:   //host:port
>#
>#    tcp    To send each log line as text data to a TCP receiver.
>#        Lines may be accumulated before sending (see buffered_logs).
>#        Place: The destination host name or IP and port.
>#        Place Format:   //host:port
>#
>#    Default:
>#        access_log daemon:/var/log/squid/access.log squid
>#Default:
># access_log daemon:/var/log/squid/access.log squid

These is snipped from the squid configuration documents on squid page (http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/access_log/).

You could try ( I didn’t do it before) to use syslog as module and insert it in your squid.conf

Best Regards
Sebastian