[squid-users] logging to syslog

Avraham Serour tovmeod at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 13:04:48 UTC 2015

I'm very very sorry for replying to your email directly, I didn't mention
to, I just clicked reply on gmail

I wanted squid to log to syslog, using the syslog module on ubuntu the
socket path is /dev/log
from there I have my rsyslog config that forwards it to logstash

In any case my manager just told me to not log directly to syslog anymore,
he wants to write the logs to file and have them shipped to syslog

In any case I think I found the root of my problems, my squid.conf was
being built using patch, I had a file with only the diff.
So it looks like the patch wasn't being applied correctly, so squid was
running with the default conf file.

Thanks for the help, and sorry again
Avraham