[squid-users] Squid with proxy

Silvio Siefke siefke_listen at web.de
Fri May 22 10:35:41 UTC 2015

On Fri, 22 May 2015 15:39:19 +1200 Amos Jeffries <squid3 at treenet.co.nz>
wrote:

> I dont know why you should have to. ziproxy should be perfectly
> capable of contacting Internet services to respond to the requests
> sent from Squid.

Yes it works but im not sure is right, when NextProxy in ziproxy.conf
is not set. When saw the log all work, but in all tutorials which read
they say ziproxy.conf need set NextProxy="127.0.0.1" for "routing" back
to squid. But so it work all without NextProxy. What is now correct?

> I am not quite understanding what you are talking about auth for. So
> can't answer that question. Hopefully the above answer is enough to
> solve your problem though.

Squid use auth for connecting with it, when i has activated NextProxy in
ziproxy.conf then Browser ask and ask for login stuff. When not activated
NextProxy in ziproxy.conf then one time come login window and after login
all work. But what is now right, set NextProxy or not. But self when set
NextProxy in ziproxy.conf then squid can not ask for login to ziproxy,  cause
localhost has free traffic or not?

> > Squid > http://silviosiefke.fr/files/squid.conf
> > Ziproxy > http://silviosiefke.fr/files/ziproxy.conf
> NP: Those links go to half-blank page.

Yeah thats when not know the own website hhhhh

Squid > http://silviosiefke.fr/static/files/squid.conf
Ziproxy > http://silviosiefke.fr/static/files/ziproxy.conf

Thanks & Nice Day
Silvio