[squid-users] Squid with proxy

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri May 22 03:39:19 UTC 2015

On 22/05/2015 8:32 a.m., Silvio Siefke wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i use squid with ziproxy for mobile traffic compression. Squid work,
> Ziproxy work, okay not so what i think but its work. My problem is,
> so i understand i connect to squid and squid give traffic to ziproxy
> and  then come back to squid. Right? But must i set NextProxy in
> ziproxy.conf or not? I use auth_pam for system user, is for me
> easier then passwd files.

I dont know why you should have to. ziproxy should be perfectly capable
of contacting Internet services to respond to the requests sent from Squid.

> # ziproxy
> cache_peer 127.0.0.1 parent 8080 0 no-query no-digest
> never_direct allow all
>
> Squid use other port for extern traffic, localhost i use the normal
> port. But when in ziproxy activate NextProxy i become ever the login
> window and nothing work. When deactivate NextProxy in ziproxy all
> work normal. But normal the acl localhost and http_access allow localhost
> should work without login or? Or has i understand all wrong?

I am not quite understanding what you are talking about auth for. So
can't answer that question. Hopefully the above answer is enough to
solve your problem though.

> My Config:
> Squid > http://silviosiefke.fr/files/squid.conf
> Ziproxy > http://silviosiefke.fr/files/ziproxy.conf