[squid-users] Getting timeout 301 with GET command using cURL.

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sun May 3 04:26:36 UTC 2015

On 3/05/2015 1:00 p.m., vintech wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Iam running squid 3.5.2 stable

Please upgade to the current version, which is 3.5.4 today.

> , however i have problems while i connect it
> through GET as it gives me an HTTP 301 error.

There is no such thing as a "301 error".

*CoudFront* are telling your browser the http:// URL you are trying to
has been converted to a https:// location. That is all, no error.

Later on when trying to fetch the HTTPS the connection hangs. That is a
problem, but there is no info in your mail that would help track it
down. Squid is apparently setting up TCP tunnel correctly , and the TLS
handshake also works across it.

I suspect ICMP packets being lost or dropped breaking PMTUD, maybe ECN,
or Window Scaling. Maybe just an error in CloudFront.

> Also while i use the squid with browser iam able to open and connect to the
> destination but with get and cURl i am having issues and it gives timed out
> error.
> Also using bind for DNS so no problems in resolving also. Also iam using
> random ports which are NAT to default ports.

Not a good idea. It maybe (or not) related to this problem.