[squid-users] Access Problem to VMWARE, IBM and Truste.com through Squid

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Mon Mar 16 10:52:49 UTC 2015

Hey,

This is a very old post but I was unable to understand the solution to
the issue.
I have looked again on the logs and since they show a 500 internal
server error response I understood that the issue is not on the
server(site) side only and might be on the client(eg other side of the
internet and can be either a proxy or a web-browser).

Sometimes websites do not like to handle "special" request which was not
meant to be there in the first place.

As an example:
I have seen couple times in the past(before 2013) that a public service
was honoring *any* "X-Forwarded-For" headers which resulted in all sort
of weird results while displaying the page.
One example was that instead of a link to the external web page address
I got lots of internal urls which was not suppose to be there at all.
On this specific incident I had the chance to see how the "internal"
network infrastructure is designed and implemented and which I know
nobody planned to show me.

All The Bests,
Eliezer Croitoru