[squid-users] Suggested refresh_pattern for debian repos?

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Jun 13 09:36:24 UTC 2015

On 13/06/2015 8:05 p.m., TarotApprentice wrote:
> I've seen a couple of refresh_pattern combinations that people use to cache Linux repos. Does anyone have a working one for Debian repos?

The debian repository responses simply dont have the right headers for
older HTTP/1.0 Squid to cache objects properly. If you try to force it
you will end up with checksum mismatch and other download errors.

The HTTP/1.1 versions of Squid (3.2+) the default refresh_patterns
should be sufficient.

That said, I have seen some of the repository servers are not producing
adequate Last-Modified headers on the .deb themselves. The popular rule
you will find all over the place for ".deb" pattern (and only that line)
seems to make it work though.