[squid-users] error windbind

Posta Esterna angelo.bruno at vigilfuoco.it
Fri Jul 24 11:24:17 UTC 2015

Il 24/07/2015 11.22, Amos Jeffries ha scritto:
> On 24/07/2015 7:57 p.m., Posta Esterna wrote:
>> Hi all....
>> i'm very new about squid. I'm tryng to start a squid service (2.6
>> stable) on a server linux centos 5... it has to connect to an AD server
>> to authenticate users for internet access...
> Yeesh. Please upgrade. Squid 2.6 was end-of-life'd June 2008.
>
> It is also very unlikely that your Squid will operate both safely or
> correctly on a lot of modern Internet traffic.
>
> CentOS 5 itself is rather old too. CentOS 7 is what we are building and
> testing current Squid with.
>
>> squid restart is not so good because in the cache.log file i see this error
>>
>> (ntlm_auth) invalid option --  -
>>
>> in my squid.conf file i'm trying to use this lines:
>>
>> auth_param ntlm program ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
> Use the full path to the helper and ensure that it is the *Samba* helper
> binary being used. There is an identically named binary installed by
> Squid which operates VERY differently and does not peform NTLM properly.
>
> Other problems can and need to wait on that being fixed.
>
> Amos

Thanx Amos,
Squid was the first problem... using /usr/lib/squid/ntlm_auth instead of
/usr/bin/ntlm_auth

About upgrading unfortunatelly i have only an old DELL P4 (10 years
old?) with 1GB of RAM... and for my fortune this is only the PROXY n°2
(the backup).... The PROXY n°1 goes well with a version of KERIO Control...

I've still have problems....
it says:
[2015/07/24 12:06:41, 0] utils/ntlm_auth.c:get_windbind_domain(146)
   could not obtain windbind domain name!

VCTI Ing. Angelo Bruno