[squid-users] error windbind

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Jul 24 09:22:13 UTC 2015

On 24/07/2015 7:57 p.m., Posta Esterna wrote:
> Hi all....
> i'm very new about squid. I'm tryng to start a squid service (2.6
> stable) on a server linux centos 5... it has to connect to an AD server
> to authenticate users for internet access...

Yeesh. Please upgrade. Squid 2.6 was end-of-life'd June 2008.

It is also very unlikely that your Squid will operate both safely or
correctly on a lot of modern Internet traffic.

CentOS 5 itself is rather old too. CentOS 7 is what we are building and
testing current Squid with.

> squid restart is not so good because in the cache.log file i see this error
>
> (ntlm_auth) invalid option --  -
>
> in my squid.conf file i'm trying to use this lines:
>
> auth_param ntlm program ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp

Use the full path to the helper and ensure that it is the *Samba* helper
binary being used. There is an identically named binary installed by
Squid which operates VERY differently and does not peform NTLM properly.

Other problems can and need to wait on that being fixed.