[squid-users] SSL connction failed due to SNI after content redirection

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Jul 22 12:21:31 UTC 2015

On 22/07/2015 12:44 p.m., Alex Wu wrote:
> it depends on how you set up squid, and where the connection is broken. The patch addessed the issue that occured using sslbump and content redirect together.

I'd like some clarification what the exact problem symptoms are please.

AFAIK, both redirect and re-write actions happen a relatively long time
*after* the bumping TLS handshakes to server are completed. Its far too
late to send the pre-handshake SNI data to the server.

I can see this change as affecting reverse-proxy / CDN configurations
with TLS on both connections. But you said this was SSL-bumping, and
reverse-proxy configurations already have a cache_peer option to set the
internal domain name without re-write/redirect.