[squid-users] SSL connction failed due to SNI after content redirection

Alex Wu alex_wu2012 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 22 14:41:08 UTC 2015

We do not use cache-peer. I thought cache-peer is for connecting another squid-like proxy server.

Without ssl-bump, the connection is tunneled transparently, so there is no chance to redirect each HTTP requests proxied under SSL connection.

We want to redirec each HTTP requests under SSL, so we have to use ssl-bump to terminate the connection, and squid open another connection to the server we use content redirect to specify. The code take effect when the squid opens the new connection to each designed server for each HTTPS requests.

We terminated CONNECT call at squid also to ensure we can intercept HTTP requests at squid,

Alex