[squid-users] Which DNS to use

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Tue Jul 14 16:20:57 UTC 2015

On 15/07/2015 12:59 a.m., TarotApprentice wrote:
>  I have a domestic DSL router/firewall/wifi
> When configuring squid should I refer to the routers IP address for DNS, specify the one(s) the ISP providing or use alternative ones (like the examples in squid.conf). Is there a recommend way?

There should not be any example of DNS servers configured in squid.conf.
Because configuring DNS servers directly in squid.conf is not a good idea.

Squid will auto-configure itself via /etc/resolv.conf. That in turn
should be auto-configured by the router DHCP or RAD the same way as your
clients DNS is auto-configured.