[squid-users] squid version 3.5.5

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Wed Jul 1 11:57:19 UTC 2015

On Wednesday 01 July 2015 at 13:49:00 (EU time), Paul Martin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using 2 machines with 2 squid versions, same squid.conf and both with
> 700 Http requests/sec.
>
> -squid version 3.3.8: I have 40k squid cache objects
>
> -squid version 3.5.5: I have 2k squid cache objects
>
> Do you have an idea why squid cache objects is so different with squid
> version 3.5.5 compare with 3.3.8 ?

Well, firstly, how long have the two machines been running (did you start both
with an empty cache at the same time)?

Also, how confident are you that the two machines are getting the same sort of
requests - how is your user base split across the two proxies?

I also have a nagging suspicion that if you really do mean "same squid.conf"
on both machines, that could be a source of a problem, but I'll let someone
more familiar with the specific differences between 3.3.8 and 3.5.5, and the
config options they each support, respond to that.

Regards,

Antony.

--
"640 kilobytes (of RAM) should be enough for anybody."

 - Bill Gates

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.