[squid-users] cannot use squid-3.5.x for production

Tom Tom tomtux007 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 08:17:21 UTC 2015

Hi Othmar

The same behaviour here with squid 3.5.5:

# Catching an existing file results in a correct 200:
$ curl -x proxy:3128 -I ftp://mirror.switch.ch/README
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: squid
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 07:58:28 GMT
Connection: keep-alive

# Catching an non-existing file hangs for a unknown time
$ curl -x proxy:3128 -I ftp://mirror.switch.ch/README123

I can confirm, that with older squids (< 3.5) catching a
non-existing-file with ftp gives back a correct 404.

Kind regards,
Tom