[squid-users] 100Mbps Connection Issues

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Fri Jan 9 18:46:35 UTC 2015

Speed tests will always enforce "nocache" so you will always see
overhead from a speed test site.

That's just the way proxies work. You can't make a single, "new"
download any quicker that it would be, and since it has a flag telling
Squid not to cache it, Squid has to go the the trouble of both
retrieving the content and then passing it on to the client.

Those figures are very good so I'd not actually worry about them. Using
delay pools will show "bouncy" performance as it's based on buckets -
when the bucket of data is empty the server have to start refilling it
before anything comes back to your client.

Cheers

Alex