[squid-users] i meet a problem , --- Unsupported Request Method and Protocol'' for such connections ( non-HTTP connections ) based 80 port ----, if possible , please give me some advisement or help

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sat Feb 28 03:42:35 UTC 2015

On 28/02/2015 4:18 p.m., johnzeng wrote:
> Hi all :
>

> i meet a problem ,Squid cannot currently deal with such connections (
> non-HTTP connections ) based 80 port , and We get some error ,
>
> Unsupported Request Method and Protocol'' for https URLs..

NOTE: HTTPS never goes over port 80.

HTTPS native port is 443, and when proxied uses the proxy port.

Intercepted HTTPS traffic MUST NOT be delivered to a http_port listening
port in Squid. Use https_port instead.

> i search via www.ask.com , but i don't good way .
>
> if possible ,i hope to use squid 2.7 stable9 , Maybe it will be stable version untile now .
>
> Whether we can resolve the problem via other tunnel tools + squid 2.7 ( for example:
> http://www.nocrew.org/software/httptunnel.html ) or
> http://desproxy.sourceforge.net <http://desproxy.sourceforge.net/>????

Current stable version is 3.5.2. Please use that.

Particularly if you are intercepting HTTPS traffic. There is an arms
race going on between people trying to use HTTPS for security and people
trying to filter it. Things are changing rapidly.