[squid-users] i meet a problem , --- Unsupported Request Method and Protocol'' for such connections ( non-HTTP connections ) based 80 port ----, if possible , please give me some advisement or help

johnzeng johnzeng2013 at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 28 03:18:32 UTC 2015

Hi all :

i meet a problem ,Squid cannot currently deal with such connections (
non-HTTP connections ) based 80 port , and We get some error ,

Unsupported Request Method and Protocol'' for https URLs..

i search via www.ask.com , but i don't good way .

if possible ,i hope to use squid 2.7 stable9 , Maybe it will be stable version untile now .

Whether we can resolve the problem via other tunnel tools + squid 2.7 ( for example:
http://www.nocrew.org/software/httptunnel.html ) or
http://desproxy.sourceforge.net <http://desproxy.sourceforge.net/>????

 if possible , please give me some advisement .

This is some detail , but i don't any way

11.45 ``Unsupported Request Method and Protocol'' for https URLs.

Note: The information here is current for version 2.3.

This is correct. Squid does not know what to do with an https URL. To
handle such a URL, Squid would need to speak the SSL protocol.
Unfortunately, it does not (yet).

Normally, when you type an https URL into your browser, one of two
things happens.

1. The browser opens an SSL connection directly to the origin server.
2. The browser tunnels the request through Squid with the CONNECT
request method.

The CONNECT method is a way to tunnel any kind of connection through an
HTTP proxy. The proxy doesn't understand or interpret the contents. It
just passes bytes back and forth between the client and server. For the
gory details on tunnelling and the CONNECT method, please see RFC 2817
and Tunneling TCP based protocols through Web proxy servers (expired).