[squid-users] Need tips in order to force youtube in HTTP only

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Tue Feb 24 00:43:36 UTC 2015

On 24/02/2015 00:53, HackXBack wrote:
> there is a way without using ssl_bump
> without forwarding https
> but this will work with browsers and not with youtube mobile app.
> its in header replace

Hey HackXBack,

I am not to familiar with all of the mobile apps but if the client needs
filtering he needs it..
I do not think that youtube should be used in a mobile app that is not
using any of the device certificates DB.
I have seen that most apps are using Android or any other device
certificate device since these devices are a part of a service that
serves enterprises and corporations which needs this restriction.
If someone is a part of an enterprise or a corporation he should not use
a non-compatible to his needs device.

I will need to test how different devices react to a ssl-bump situation
but it's not one of my goals for now.
I am happy with what I have that works fine for me and many others.
Maybe in the future I will have more needs that will might force to some
new things.

The main thing I am working on now is the 3.5.2 testing for general use
which not includes ssl-bump as a tested feature but the RPM includes it
in order to make it available to the CentOS users who wish to make some
progress and understand that squid has a class of it's own.

Eliezer