[squid-users] Configure proxy to multiple physical hosts through one Domain Name.

PaleBlue heypaleblue at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 00:29:07 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I am new to squid and have only been aware of it for minutes. however it
looks like what I desparately need to accomplish is doable with squid.

I am trying to accomplish the following

apple.mydomain.com ---> Server01 (website and Blog)
orange.mydomain.com ---> Server02 (GitLab)
pear.mydomain.com ---> Server03 (Future use)

I want to put a VM with Ubuntu server and squid behind my firewall to proxy
the requests to the different servers but have no even where to get started
as I am so new to squid. I have read the around and believe it is possible
based on  This
<http://squid-web-proxy-cache.1019090.n4.nabble.com/Multiple-site-example-td1034364.html>
post however I would like to stress. *I am not trying to load balance, I am
trying to make one domain name show different things from different servers.
*

if anyone could give me some guidance on getting started with this I would
be *Very* appreciative.