[squid-users] Getting Invalid ACL type 'all-of' ... Please help

Brandon Elliott tech at neosys.net
Sun Aug 23 03:55:41 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I believe I have followed the fairly self-explanatory steps to create an
AND of two ACL rules using the 'all-of' type of ACL, but I keep getting an
error as if the type is not recognized. I have searched google for hours
and tried a number of things but nothing works.

My rules are:

acl user1-ip myportname xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3128
acl user1-pw proxy_auth user1
acl user1-acl all-of user1-ip user1-pw

The authentication is working fine if I don't use the 'all-of' ACL, but I
really need to be able to combine these two rules to lock down each proxy
to the incoming IP AND the user/pw.

The error I get is:

aclParseAclLine: Invalid ACL type 'all-of'
FATAL: Bungled squid.conf line 100: acl user1-acl all-of user1-ip user1-pw
Squid Cache (Version 3.1.23): Terminated abnormally.

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,

Brandon