[squid-users] Getting Invalid ACL type 'all-of' ... Please help

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sun Aug 23 04:43:01 UTC 2015

On 23/08/2015 3:55 p.m., Brandon Elliott wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I believe I have followed the fairly self-explanatory steps to create an
> AND of two ACL rules using the 'all-of' type of ACL, but I keep getting an
> error as if the type is not recognized. I have searched google for hours
> and tried a number of things but nothing works.
>
> My rules are:
>
> acl user1-ip myportname xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3128
> acl user1-pw proxy_auth user1
> acl user1-acl all-of user1-ip user1-pw

For syntax that is correct. BUT ...

> Squid Cache (Version 3.1.23): Terminated abnormally.

all-of is an ACL type added in Squid-3.4.

The web docs should be stating that but seem not to be adding the
history texts for 3.3+ to the generic copy. Sorry for that. I'm looking
into it now.

PS. Please upgrade. Current production/stable release is 3.5.7 (with 3.4
still a solid fallback if you really need to).