[squid-users] refresh_pattern and same objects

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Fri Aug 21 17:34:41 UTC 2015

On 22/08/2015 5:06 a.m., FredB wrote:
> Thank Amos, very interesting as usual
>
> So, my vision was old school (HTTP 1.0), I should read the recent
> documentations to find something optimal for my caches without side
> effect, in the past (squid 2.x I guess) I saw some objects changed in
> website who were never delivered by Squid (always the cached version,
> without a browser/squidclient force refresh of course) and it's a lot
> of pain with many proxies and many users behind a load balancer ...

Yes.

<http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/HTTP11> may be a good starting
point to upskill or just learn about squid abilities within the
protocol. The current RFC 723x are pretty easy reading compared to most
(intentionally).

The checklist .ODS document compares several Squid 2.7+ versions
compliance per-feature. Though the co-advisor still does not seem to
check the 723x updated requirements fully.

Its all a little bit stale, but mostly accurate still.