[squid-users] Caching requests to a non standard http port help please.

1508 1508 at notleb.com
Sun Aug 9 16:27:07 UTC 2015

Hello Anthony,

Thank you for your reply.

My quest is to try and cache stuff from a site called Second Life.

My bandwidth is poor and I'm trying to cache large objects that regulary get
re-requested.

The thing is part of the url will change, however the content willl not.

Here are some examples of urls I am trying to cache:

http://sim9077.agni.lindenlab.com:12046/cap/db301865-157f-89d3-a98f-34acc5c9537a
http://sim17097.agni.lindenlab.com:12046/cap/db301865-157f-89d3-a98f-34acc5c9537a

OK, some answers.

Port 10050 was an example.

acl Safe_ports port 80		# http
acl Safe_ports port 443	# https
acl Safe_ports port 12043 # LL port
acl Safe_ports port 12046 # LL port

I am trying to rewrite part of the URL because the same data gets fetched
from different computers. So
in the RLs above the same item can be sent twice.

I cannot see how the standard configuration can assume part of a URL is a
wildcard.

I have managed to rewrite static URL domain names and just change a ? into a
/ so items get stored OK.

Thanks, Ben.