[squid-users] Caching requests to a non standard http port help please.

Antony Stone Antony.Stone at squid.open.source.it
Sat Aug 8 14:40:49 UTC 2015

On Saturday 08 August 2015 at 16:20:24, 1508 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to configure squid-cache to cache http requests to port 10050
> on a certain server such as http://www.example.com:10050/picture.png

So long as 10050 isn't listed as an unsafe port in your Squid config, it'll do
this by default.

> I have a working perl script to rewrite requests to the standard port 80
> but not the 10050 port.

Why do you have a rewrite script?  What are you rewriting from?

> Could somebody please help me to get squid-cache to cache GET requests to
> http://www.example.com:10050/picture.png

What is it about the standard default Squid configuration which doesn't just do
this for you?

I suspect I don't really understand what you're trying to do, or what you've
already tried and what didn't work - perhaps you could give a bit more detail?

Antony.

--
A user interface is like a joke.
If you have to explain it, it didn't work.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.