[squid-users] problem in squid certificate installtion

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Wed Apr 22 03:49:36 UTC 2015

On 22/04/2015 7:30 p.m., snakeeyes wrote:
> Hmmm ,  cant u  provide more info??
>
> I followed wiki
>
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/SslWithWildcardCertifiate
>

> but im still confused with certificates , if possible and don’t mind , could u tell me brief steps ?

1) generate certificates

2) configure Squid

3) watch traffic flow.

Not much help aye? The wiki page is as dumbed-down as we can make it for
newbies without omitting important details needed to actually work.

NP: though I did see it went too far and omitted the https_port "accel"
mode parameter. Adding that your Squid will check for reverse-proxy
capabilitues instead of ssl-bump capabilities in the certs.

As Yuri said learning about how PKI works is somewhat important now
that you are dealing with it as more just than a user. Particularly how
to create the right types of certificate for the task it is supposed to
do is critical.