[squid-users] Help with cachemgr and nginx

Alberto Perez alberto2perez at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 03:20:18 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I am trying to setup cachemgr.cgi in my squid 3.5.2 box with nginx as web
server. I was able to server first page of cachemgr but I can't get further
this page, every credentials I try shows me the same page with no errors.
(attach image)

in my squid.conf file

cache_mgr alberto
cachemgr_passwd managerforsquid40a all

nginx config

location /cgi-bin/ {
                alias /usr/local/squid/libexec;
                index cachemgr.cgi;
                gzip off;
                #include /etc/nginx/fastcgi_params;
                fastcgi_pass unix:/var/run/fcgiwrap.socket;
                fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME
/usr/local/squid/libexec/cachemgr.cgi;
}

I successfully run other cgi perl scripts with that same configuration
(squish.cgi, but this one is only one page, so i could be missing something
here)

No access denied from nginx response so I asume this is not the problem
here.

Have anyone experience with a similar setup.

Thanks a lot in advance for the time.

Alberto