[squid-users] assertion failed: comm.cc:178: "fd_table[conn->fd].halfClosedReader != NULL"

Amos Jeffries squid3 at treenet.co.nz
Sun Apr 19 14:07:37 UTC 2015

On 18/04/2015 9:32 p.m., Nathan Hoad wrote:
> As I mentioned earlier, this hasn't worked the because the debug
> symbols you're running gdb against don't quite match the binary in
> which the crash occurred. I would check the version of the debug
> symbols you're running gdb against versus the version of the squid
> binary that was installed. These changes can include patches and
> --configure changes, not just version changes of Squid.
>
> I'm not sure how debug symbols are "shipped" with packages in Debian -
> under CentOS for example they are shipped separately from the squid
> package, as squid-debuginfo-<version>.rpm.

aptitude install squid3 squid3-dbg

If its a self-built Squid, caveat emptor.

Though using the source .deb to build the sources of a newer version
should also provide a custom squid3-dbg package that needs to be
installed along with the custom squid3 package.

You load the debug symbols binary on debian like so:
  gdb /usr/lib/debug/usr/lib/squid3 <core-file>

Amos