[squid-users] assertion failed: comm.cc:178: "fd_table[conn->fd].halfClosedReader != NULL"

Nathan Hoad nathan at getoffmalawn.com
Sat Apr 18 09:32:14 UTC 2015

As I mentioned earlier, this hasn't worked the because the debug
symbols you're running gdb against don't quite match the binary in
which the crash occurred. I would check the version of the debug
symbols you're running gdb against versus the version of the squid
binary that was installed. These changes can include patches and
--configure changes, not just version changes of Squid.

I'm not sure how debug symbols are "shipped" with packages in Debian -
under CentOS for example they are shipped separately from the squid
package, as squid-debuginfo-<version>.rpm.