[squid-users] leaking memory in squid 3.4.8 and 3.4.7.

Steve Hill steve at opendium.com
Tue Oct 7 15:40:08 UTC 2014

On 30.09.14 16:13, Amos Jeffries wrote:

>> I'm trying to figure out if there's a way of convincing valgrind to
>> dump info about all the currently allocated memory while the
>> program is still running - there would be a lot of legitimate stuff
>> in the report, but hopefully a few hundred MB of memory that
>> shouldn't be there would stick out like a sore thumb.
>
> That would be lovely. If you can find it I'd like to know too :-)

su -s /bin/bash squid
valgrind --vgdb=full --error-limit=no --tool=memcheck --leak-check=full
--show-reachable=yes --leak-resolution=high --num-callers=40 squid -f
/etc/squid/squid.conf -N

Do whatever you need to do to trigger a leak, then in another window:
su -s /bin/bash squid
gdb squid

At the gdb prompt:
target remote | vgdb
set logging file /tmp/leaks.txt
set logging on
monitor leak_check full reachable any

This will dump out all the currently allocated memory to the console
(and to /tmp/leaks.txt).

--
  - Steve