[squid-users] leaking memory in squid 3.4.8 and 3.4.7.

Steve Hill steve at opendium.com
Wed Oct 1 13:44:25 UTC 2014

On 01.10.14 13:19, Michele Bergonzoni wrote:
>> I have an external ACL defined as:
>> external_acl_type preauth cache=0 children-max=1 concurrency=100 ttl=0
>> negative_ttl=0 %SRC %>{User-Agent} %URI %METHOD /usr/sbin/squid-preauth
>
> It is well known that external ACLs with ttl=0 and cache=0 leak RAM: I
> had this problem and discovered the reason only recently, but Amos knows
> it since 2011:

Hmm, I've changed my ttl, negative_ttl and cache to 1 and Squid nolonger
seems to grow under test conditions... Unfortunately it looks like its
still growing on the production system.  I guess my tests aren't
reproducing the same issue - back to the drawing board. :(

  - Steve Hill
    Technical Director
    Opendium Limited     http://www.opendium.com

Direct contacts: