[squid-users] Persistent Connections - only one side

Eliezer Croitoru eliezer at ngtech.co.il
Tue Nov 25 18:25:33 UTC 2014

Hey Mathew,

The defaults of squid should do what you are asking for as long as we
are talking about the same src domain and IP.
There are settings to make the persistent connections more effective
but I do not remember them by heart.
The start point would be here:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/server_persistent_connections/

and everything else should at the official docs at:
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/

Notice that persistent connections are not the answer to everything
because these have limitation and constrains.
In many networks a overhead even a dozen and more TCP connection would
be more effective then persistent connections.
Any case should be tested first to understand the nature of the demand
and to decide if it's the best path.
The client doesn't always right...but he is still the client so..

Eliezer